First, let me give a shoutout to this gorgeous bag from Street Level Bags. I got it a few months ago, and it has not left my side. I love love love the color and the gorgeous suede fringe detail. It's also the perfect size to carry all my ish, and it has a zipper AND snap closure, which for some reason I am really, really fond of.
Now for the things I carry in it...
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Tiny little pouch // This is for all my natural supplements. I'm not as heavy on the supplements as I was a few months ago, but when I'm heading to Brooklyn for a day or two, I like to bring some zinc with me to gimme dat energy.
2. Fat & The Moon Dreamweaver Mist // This was a gift from my girl Anne, and I'm in love. With lavender, poppy, sage, and clary sage, this is a scent from heaven. I spray it in my car, in my sleeping nook, on myself, and on other people. Ha. It's incredibly calming and relaxing, yet refreshing.
3. Thieves oil blend // This was given to me by my girl Madi of Montauk Juice Factory. She loves experimenting with oils just like I do, and made this incredible blend to be used on pressure points, in a diffuser, in the bathtub, and a million other ways. It wards off cold and flu, fights bacteria, and boosts the mood. It also subtly reminds me of a scent from my childhood, so it's full of good feelings for me.
4. Prabhuji's Gifts Atma Attar Perfume Oil // This is my number one perfume oil at the moment. It's an intoxicating mixture of mint, lemongrass, and frankincense. I got it at Whole Foods, and just can not get enough. I roll this on my wrists, forearms, neck, and behind my ears... multiple times daily.
5. Om Aroma & Co. Carrot Rose Serum // This is hands down the best face serum I have ever used. It smells incredible and leaves my skin soooo soft and moisturized. It's made with oils of carrot seed, meadowfoam seed, sunflower seed, along with some incredible extracts. $72 per bottle would usually be a little steep for me, but I'm addicted. And it's worth it.
6. Urban Moonshine Organic Bitters // I'm always looking for things to help with digestion, and when I saw this adorable bottle with the words "urban" "moonshine" and "organic," I kind of just felt like it was screaming my name. I haven't used it consistently enough to know how well it actually works for me, but I enjoy the taste and I'm into the idea of it, so I shall continue! This was from Whole Foods as well.
7. Hummusbird Lemongrass & Clary Sage Deodorant // Awww yeee, I am shouting out my own deodorant. That's because I really do carry it with me, and it works. I promise you it works. It's made with nothing more than coconut oil, baking soda, arrowroot flour, and essential oils. Natural & organic. It smells incredible, and so will you.
8. Moon Valley Organics Moon Melt Lotion Bar // Oh look, another item that contains the words "moon" and "organic." So0o me. This stuff rules. It has a bit of a wax-like consistency, which I totally love, and a light scent. It's very moisturizing -- I use it on my hands and lips. Totally recommend.
9. Making Space: Creating a Home Meditation Practice // This lovely little book was a gift from my dad. It's written by Thich Nhat Hanh, who is considered one of the most influential teachers of Buddhism. His words are simple and calming, and ring with such truth. In this book, he explains different ways to turn your home into a calm, positive, meditative space. I'll actually be discussing each chapter on the Free People blog over the next month or two. If you're interested, you can read my first two posts here and here! I love that the book is tiny enough to slide right into my purse so I can read it when I'm traveling. The feather is what I use as a bookmark, hehe.
10. Mophie Powerstation Mini // This wonderful thing was a gift from my sister. Probably one of the most useful gifts I've ever received. For someone who's constantly using their phone, a portable charger like this is heaven sent! I love that it's tiny and gold, too.
11. Tie-dyed wallet // IDK. Got this at a sample sale back when I worked at the Free People home office. It's not the most ideal wallet -- probably more of a change purse -- but it just looks so cool, doesn't it?
12. Vintage floral makeup case // This is from a set that I found at a thrift store several months ago. It's totally grandma-ish, and I totally love it.
What's in your bags, babes?
It's 1 am. I'm anticipating tomorrow to be one of those days where I find myself running around, constantly, all day. Long Island to Manhattan to Brooklyn to Manhattan to Brooklyn and back again.. Work things, health things, fun things, and other things. I should be sleeping right now.
But when creativity strikes, I can't escape it. And for me, it always seems to strike late at night. When most are asleep and I don't have the sun outside beckoning me to do. The long list of things I must do comes to a pause until morning, and I'm left here in my bedroom... candles burning... music playing... with nothing to do but whatever I really want. Whatever I can do within the boundaries of this bedroom, with no daylight. To me, the possibilities are endless. Tonight, it's a three-eye butterfly gif made with a forgotten photo I took of my sister this past summer. That butterfly must have spent a good 10 minutes pattering its light little feet all over her face. I'm happy to have witnessed it. I'm happy to remember it. I'm happy to have had the chance to infuse a little mysticism into that captured memory.
And now, I sleep.
It’s the kind of feeling you sense with all of your being. An unspoken excitement. Silent, but it buzzes through your body and fills you up in anticipation. Change is in the air. Big change. Good change. Yes, I feel it for me. But I feel it for you, too. For all of us. This year is going to start some major shifts in the world around us – and in the worlds inside of us. Can you feel it?