6.30.2015

Ten Things


1. As of a few weeks ago, Hummusworm (my tapeworm infestation) is officially GONE. So psyched. Since then, I did find out I've also been plagued with flukes -- the most common parasite -- but… it's all good. I'm excited to keep having these discoveries made by my beloved doctor. Every day I'm one step closer to maximum blissful health. :)

2. I can't get chocolate chip cookies off the brain. As soon as I'm home, I'm making a batch with just almond meal, coconut flakes, homemade chocolate chunks, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, himilayan salt, vanilla extract, and baking powder. Pure pure pure.

3. I love working out. I developed a love for it when I was living with my fitness guru of a sister last year, and I miss taking her ridiculous tabata classes every day. Now that I'm working full time and no longer living with her, it's not so easy to stick to a strict workout schedule. But I'm getting back into it. I need to. I crave the sore muscles and unexpected agility I happily experienced last summer.

4. It's been decided: I'm selling my car. I looove the convenience of it -- and, to be honest, I've been using it for pretty big trips every single weekend, but I know that it's not a necessity. Ultimately, it costs me way more money than what I'm getting out of it. I'll be living much more comfortably once I rid myself of the responsibility.

5. For the past few months, I've been on the hunt for a pair of platform espadrilles. Black with natural straw. Any nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated.

6. If you ever spot me on the subway, there's an 80% chance I'll be full-out dancing to myself, mouthing the words to whatever it is that's flooding my ears at the moment.

7. I'm closing the book on craft fairs for now. In my limited experience, the work is hard, the payoff low, and my summer weekends are just far too precious a thing to give up. I'm so grateful that I've been a part of 3 over the last year. I've learned a lot, and am walking away with some great experiences had; people met. But it feels good to wash my hands of it -- at least for the time being. Onto the next big thing.

8. What is the next big thing, you ask? Eh, I have an idea or two in mind. ;)

9. Every so often, I get really upset about the fact that I rarely find myself in a relationship. I have so so so much love to give, and all I want is a beautiful soul to share it with. Yesterday, I had my tarot cards read for the first time. At the end, I asked the oracle about this exact issue. "What am I doing that's hindering myself from love? What can I change in order to find it?" What she responded with was something that finally put my worries to rest once and for all. It turns out that it has nothing to do with what I am or am not doing. I'm being protected by my ancestors, she confirmed. "Even if you're out drinking at a bar, no one can touch you." You see, my ancestors still view me as a child, she said, and they're sparing me from those who are not worthy of my love. "But.. is this… forever?" I asked. "No, no. Let's find out how long," she said, as she drew three more cards. "2016," she said. "In 2016, these doors that have been blocked will finally open for you… and it will be because of a job." Next year… that's it? I can absolutely wait. Until then… I'll just be happily hangin'.

10. Still thinking about those chocolate chip cookies.

7 comments :

  1. Chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate chips are the best!! Peace foods (union square) has the best cookie sandwich. I had it with my coffee this am.. heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these 10things. I was having a questionable morning, but per usual, reading your thoughts made me feel better. Just better. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love these 10 things posts. Glad your worm is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need chocolate chip cookies RIGHT NOW! Also, I'm sad I won't be able to visit you at any craft fairs any time soon, but you gotta do what's right for you, girl! <3 Jess from Anthro

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 10 things posts! Also completely on the same wave length about the chocolate chip cookies - I need some pronto!

    http://girl-with-thecurl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your posts, so introspective and heartwarming and great! Keep yourself open to meeting strangers, put yourself out there and you'll find someone to share your love with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out these espadrilles from ModCloth

    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-sandals/daytime-to-go-sandal-in-noir

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!