10.19.2014

Entirely

While I do appreciate the juxtaposition of old & new, there's just something about an outfit constructed entirely of vintage pieces. Something about it that I find fascinatingly beautiful. And that is this outfit right here. 

It's funny, too, when the pieces you end up loving the most are those that cost the least -- and often those that you weren't even too fond of in the beginning. I almost got rid of that velvet top right after I first bought it about 2 years ago. The keyhole made me feel like all I was ready to go clubbin'... or something that just really didn't suit me. But I ended up keeping it, and I'm so glad I did. The belt is something I just bought earlier this week. I second guessed it a bunch of times before I went for it, but let me tell you: I've found myself wearing it every single day since. 

The boots are a pair of old school Steve Maddens -- about 2 sizes too big for me -- but they are hands down my most complimented pair of shoes. Even with candle wax stains that I can't quite figure out to remove.

And how about that skirt? Oh, that skirt. A treat from my girl April at Thread & Roses. It's one of those maxis that flows so beautifully with every step you take. I'm in love. Since April is such a cool girl, she's offering you guys 10% off when you order from her shop with the code HUMMUSBIRD. Do it up, friends. She's a Portland babe with excellent taste.

Photos of me by Charlotte.


6 comments :

  1. Cat hair is a marvelous accessory for any outfit. An *entire* cat on the other hand...a necessity, obviously. I really do love this outfit. That skirt is fantastic, oh my butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are pure magic.

    www.threadandbones.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I am obsessing over your braids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously in love with your blog and the way you depict beauty. It's glorious, you're glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!