7.15.2014

Ten Things


1. I'm on day 18 of my personal candida cleanse, and feeling really optimistic about it. I anticipate this will be no shorter than a 6-month journey, but I'm so psyched to be on my way. I'm finally going to get better, and it's going to be freaking amazing.
2. Re: #1, I haven't had one sip of alcohol this entire time, and I don't plan on it. That includes this past 4th of July, which was such a blast. I'm actually loving not drinking. Might keep this going for the rest of my life.
3. I'm wearing my workout clothes in the photos above. Still have them on right now. I should take a shower.
4. I've been listening to SZA radio on Pandora/Spotify non-stop. That means SZA, Banks, The Weekend, James Blake, etc. Such a good crew.
5. I'm fleeing the country in 33 days with two awesome sidekicks. More on that later.
6. Technology is the number one cause of stress and frustration in my life. I should update my computer and get a new phone. And do less things with technology.
7. I've lost ten pounds and gained a shitload of muscle since moving back here in May. I have this one to thank for most of that. Along with my new carb-less diet. But mostly the former.
8. I often find myself clenching my teeth when I'm doing something that requires concentration, but I've been catching myself and making a constant effort to ease the tension. Stress-free is the way to be.
9. To go partially blonde or to not go partially blonde? That has been the recurring question lately.
10. I want pizza. Damnit.

Photos by Charlotte.

14 comments :

  1. I had noticed the same hung about my teeth as of lately--I don't know what I'm going to do about it, but being conscious of it is a good first step I think--one step at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. 2. I am definitely consuming a lot less alcohol and I'm feeling the benefits, too. 3. I love your muscle tee. 4. I love SZA! Thanks for introducing me to Charlotte's blog. Will definitely follow!

    - Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Partially blonde! But just like I tell my mom who has the same hair color as you, don't ever change all of it! I love your ten thing tuesdays, you've inspired me to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can try making a pizza using a cauliflower "dough", cashew cheese and homemade tomato sauce! It'll at least help with the craving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, smart thinking. That just gave me more ideas for using cauliflower too. THANK YOU!

      Delete
  5. I would love to keep hearing about your candida journey! I've gone through a ton of different diagnoses the past few years for stomach problems, but none of them ever really felt quite right and I started looking more to naturopathy for the answers-- so far, no dice. I hope it works out for you! Also, since you are a gal with hair color that other gals DREAM about, I vote keep it as is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Can't wait to hear about #5! For #9, I vote that you keep that mane of gorgeous red hair natural just like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. From what I've gathered following your posts on Free People and your blog, you and I have made very similar life choices of moving back home after a number of years spent elsewhere in order to get healthy and spiritually balanced. Honestly, your postings have been one of the few things keeping me motivated and less depressed lately. Thanks so much for sharing a similar journey with me so openly on here, even if you are on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so cool to hear you're in the same boat!! Sending the most positive of vibes your way :) :) :)

      Delete
  8. coolest chick on the planet rt huuurrrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yoooo I just started a Candida diet too! I'm sure you've totes already found this site, but the focaccia is TO DIE FOR! Solidarity in numbers xx
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/leek-roasted-garlic-focaccia-bread/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that looks incredible. THANK YOU SO MUCH. How's yours going so far??

      Delete
  10. I enjoy your blog. You are inspirational and calming. Only one thing I found you could improve is largen the font. It actually is kinda laborious to read this tiny font with text without stanzas :-) Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!