7.20.2013

everything

It all started with those clothes right there on that couch right there. I woke up in my hotel yesterday morning, took a glimpse at the beautiful clothes I'd laid out for myself for the 3 days I'd be spending at Pitchfork, and was hit with an overwhelming wave of emotion. I started to cry. I wasn't crying because anything was wrong, though. I was crying because everything was right. It was at that moment that I was like, "Shit. How did I get to be so lucky?" I feel so SO grateful for everything that's happened to me; for everything I've done; for all of the beautiful people who surround me every day. I finally realized that there's really no need to ever worry about anything, ever, because when has anything ever not worked out? Never. It's never not worked out. Even if a situation doesn't end the way you'd wanted it to, it's always fine -- and sometimes it's even better. But it's not about the end. It's not about the outcome, ever. It's about right now, right this moment. And right now, right this moment, as I sit in my slightly dark hotel room with an unattractive ThinkPad in my lap and the taste of blue Gatorade on my tongue, I have everything I need.

10 comments :

  1. I am so happy for you Brigette! You are such a bright light in this world and deserve everything you've accomplished, and better yet are still accomplishing. Moments of realization like this are so beautiful and I am glad you posted about it, especially for people who might not feel like they have gotten to where they need to be yet, because they will as long as they keep working towards it and fighting for it. I am so glad you are having an incredible weekend, please bask in the glory of the incredible The Breeders tonight! I miss you so much and can't wait for you to get back.


    xx Cher

    mylifeinsound
    : ear & eye candy... great music, new music, epic music videos, gig photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying. I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much, all the photos are beautiful & its all so interestingxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is beautiful. And the way you look at things is inspiring. You deserve to be as happy and successful as you are! Have fun at day 3!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! I love you all! Especially you, Jimmy.....

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!