6.11.2013

the bench


As soon as I began decorating this bedroom, I knew I wanted a bench along the main wall opposite my bed. There was the perfect space for it. It needed to be done. A few weekends ago I took my first trip to Provenance, a salvage warehouse near my hood in Philly. This place is like a jackpot. An expensive jackpot, but a jackpot nonetheless. It's filled with old doors and mirrors and windows and antlers and lots of wood. I spotted a natural-edged slab of wood and it was all over. $110 later, the thing sat in my minivan for probably 3 entire weeks before I summoned some lovely dudes to bring it into my house for me. Thanks, boys. I plopped it on top of two Ikea step ladders (which were a borderline nightmare to construct), and so came about the bench! Or table, or shelf, as it may be. I'm psyched on it. I'm pretty psyched on my room in general, actually. It's certainly my favorite bedroom I've inhabited so far. Great light, decent space, wooden floors, and the prime selects of all the decor decor pieces I've collected over the past 3 years. It's hard to believe that I've really only been into decorating for 3 years. I don't know what sparked it, but I'm now totally consumed by decorating (as I'm sure you all know), and I wouldn't have it any other way.

12 comments :

  1. i just fell in love with your decoration. i want to have all this stuff in my room :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are basically my interior design life goals. Absolute PERFECTION.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  3. So earthly and simple! love it :)

    ~Taylor

    http://www.liveandmove.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love your bench and your bedspread. I've always wanted to use a pretty white bedspread like that but I'm afraid my cats' claws would destroy it within minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bedspread has definitely gotten a little beating from my cat, but I love it too much not to use it!

      Delete
  5. so gorgeous! i love love love using plants and nature as decorations, it makes any space seem more open and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same bracelet of the 4th pic. ^_^ Nice!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that bracelet too! It was part of my Great-Grandmother's jewelry collection. Do either of you know where they're from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops - didn't mean to be anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-( I'm so sad!! I was looking all week for my bracelet and I think I lost it!! I don't know how. I'm very careful!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also I have to say that I have the same glass of the 6th pic too, I have 5 of them. Still i'm sad for my bracelet but is nice to see people with same taste :) (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful idea!!! ive always wondered what to put my little terrariums on. lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!