5.14.2013

play with your food

I've been playing with food a lot at work lately. And by playing I mean making fun things like frozen fruit pops and herb-infused drinks, and then styling and photographing the concoctions. I have such an infatuation with gorgeously styled food photos (see my entire board on Pinterest). I am an absolute infant at styling food, but I've drawn so much inspiration from Pinterest, and I've been having a lot of fun doing it, as rookie as may be.

It's really cool that my job allows me to be so many things that I'm not. I'm not really a photographer. I'm not really a writer. I'm not really a foodie. I'm not really a beauty guru. I'm not really a million other things that I get to be at this job - and maybe that's why I often get stressed out about whether or not I am where I should be; whether or not I'm on the right path - but I suppose that's also what makes this job so incredible. It's like I'm living in a land of make believe, except it's actually real.

Speaking of Pinterest and food photography.. anyone who's on Pinterest is probably well aware of Beth. Her pins overtake my feed every day, and I ain't mad at it. She has an awesome eye and I'm constantly inspired by all of the beautiful images she pins. Well.. I just found out that she has a (gorgeous) food/photography blog, so I wanted to share it with you all! Have a little look at Local Milk.

AND while we're on the subject of food blogs.. you may as well take a look at a Better Happier St. Sebastian. It belongs to Jill, a girl I work with, and it's absolutely incredible.

9 comments :

  1. Your photos are gorgeous! Love how you switch between neat lines and controlled chaos

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said you are new to this, but I love these photos! Your job sounds amazing, like the type of thing I would want to do, because I never know what I really want to do, I can't pinpoint it. What is your official job title if you don't mine me asking? And thanks for the food blog suggestions!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliette! My official job title is "copy editor/internal blogger" - Free People has an internal blog (that just lives within our company intranet) which I'm in charge of, and then I copy edit all of the posts that go up on BLDG 25... but my job has evolved to also include blogging daily on BLDG 25, which is how I'm able to do all of the things I mentioned above :)

      Delete
  3. Girl. I am absolutely obsessed with you and your blog(s)!! I think you are so incredibly talented, just ask Dylana; I talk to her about you all of the time. It's hard to see your own potential, and you being so humble about it makes you even more incredible. Don't get too stuck in your head about work, we are our own worst critics.

    KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are seriously the sweetest person!!! COME TO FREE PEOPLE, PHILLY NEEDS YOU.

      Delete
  4. It's funny you say you are not exactly a writer but I love reading your blog posts in BLDG 25 because there's a certain mood and feeling about the way you write and I am always fond of how it evokes tones on me as a reader. You are doing so well. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. You are doing amazing work, girl! I love the organizational simplicity you use for all of your posts and photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice article and I am Obat Bius very happy to meet with your blog, the articles are very interesting, thank you for share very amazing article and I wait for the next quality articles...

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!