2.26.2013

that perfect camera bag



You know that perfect camera bag? The one you've been searching for, for months and months -- or maybe even years? The one that is the perfect mix of fashion and function? That holds and protects all your camera gear and THEN some... and still looks like you'd want to complete your outfit with it even if you didn't own a camera?

I found that camera bag.

It's a beautiful, vintage-looking (yet brand new), handmade brown leather bag with hand-sewn removable foam inserts that can be moved around to your liking. This bag is big enough to fit my Canon 60D with 50 mm lens, plus my water bottle, full-sized wallet, change purse, makeup case, sunglasses, phone, and whatever else I feel like throwing in there -- but it's small enough not to be a nuisance. I can carry it around all day as I walk around the city (whether New York or Philly), and it doesn't hurt my little shoulder one bit. And it's so well made. Also, it was $119. That is DAMN cheap for something this amazing.

You might be sitting there a little upset, wishing that you could have had the luck to find this bag. But, you guys, there's more where that came from. Here's THE BAG from LeftoverStudio on Etsy.

I know I'm being incredibly salesly right now. I know it sounds like I'm probably WORKING for this darn guy, but the truth is I just really love this bag. And I want the rest of you to be able to experience the magic of it.

Seriously. Two weeks after ordering this bag, I noticed that it hadn't yet shipped, so I contacted the seller... and he responded with the best answer possible. He explained that he was not getting enough sun due to the cold and fog in Delhi -- yes, Delhi -- and that he needs bright sun to season the bag when he oils it. He gave a few details and then ended on a note that shut me up for good: "I would rather send a bag a couple of days late than send something that is not up to the mark."

I couldn't have agreed more.

16 comments :

  1. I need this bag! Totally buying this! Thanks for sharing!

    -Jacqui, burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and looks very functional

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at camera bags ever since my sister got a really cute fashionable and functional one, and havent found any I like more than hers. (can't have the same things as your sister though right!) I WILL be saving up for this bag :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY can't have the same things as your sister! So glad you'll be getting this one, it's such a gem!!

      Delete
  4. I have to agree....this bag is pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! I love that it's from Etsy, supporting people who handmake their own items! I think I'm going to purchase this - although now I'm torn between the smaller (that you have) or to get the larger to fit my 13" notebook as well as camera...hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont have a camera and i want it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bag is amazing - I too am searching for a camera bag. The bag you got is awesome! Did it come from Delhi, NY - if so I only live about 30 minutes from there...haha small world

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this on Etsy in December, feel in love with it and had to have it. Glad to see someone else loves it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a total camera junkie and considering purchasing this item, I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I was wondering how reliable the shipping was since it comes all the way from India?? I was also wondering how many days it took you to receive it? I would love to hear what you have to say, it would really help me make my decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely took a while.. I probably got it about 3-4 weeks after I ordered it, but that was also because it took the seller some extra time to make it, due to lack of sun and it being holiday season. But when it came, it was in perfect condition and I could not be happier with it!! :)

      Delete
  10. For example," This type of stickers portland used by the printers are very agile and print at the very least, the iPad and 3 D printers. The Internet has revolutionized the human experience. Three Reasons Why 3-D stickers portland is a subtractive one. Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps. Susan Ringwood, chief executive of GNM parent company Guardian Media Group, said on Friday the company has an estimated 400 billion.

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: create stickers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey are you using the small one or the large one?

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!