1.24.2013

to new hope we go



A couple of weekends ago, some of my Philly gurlz and I took a little Day Trip out to New Hope, PA.

HAHA. I'm laughing so much right now. I have no idea why I just capitalized "day trip" right there. I was about to correct it, but that was way to funny not to share. Something about capitalized words that shouldn't be capitalized just gets me every freaking time. Evvvery freaking time.

When I got into the car full of girls, one of the first things I said was, "So like, what even is New Hope?"

I had never heard of it until a few days prior, but I was down to go, and I'm so happy I did. It's a quaint little town just a short drive from Philly filled with little vintage stores and hippie shops galore. I think we all ended up with a little treasure of some sort. I acquired an amazingly flowy (and so0o "Brigette") top from an awesome Indian shop, and some gorgeous-smelling jasmine perfume that came solid in a really cool ceramic pot. I also bought and immediately lost a cute vintage bracelet. And then I lost my lens cap... but these little hiccups only added more memories to the adventure of a day we had.

I'm still laughing at that "day trip" thing right now.

We had brunch at the most adorable little restaurant -- like, plants and twinkle lights hanging from the ceiling, stone floors, huge windows... even peacock chairs.

I had such a good time with that little crew. And we'll definitely be back -- I mean, I have to find my lens cap anyway.

6 comments :

  1. LOVE New Hope! Used to go there back in the day for "Ladies of the 80s", Sunday afternoon Tea Dances every few months. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has me lusting for a day trip now! I love reading your blog. Your voice and your eye really sets it apart. Even when I read your posts in BLDG25 your unique voice always comes through. I actually met you at the blogger retreat! It was so great talking to you about how you got your start blogging at Free People, I really appreciate the advice you gave me on how I could get my name out there. Thank you!
    xxCaitlyn of The Tale of the Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to meet you!! Thanks so much for your sweet words. Keep in touch! :)

      Delete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!