11.26.2012

sweet kick



When was the last time you had homemade Rice Krispie* treats? Holy cow. I made a batch of these guys over the weekend. They are even more delicious than I imagined. Actually, no. They are EXACTLY how I remembered them. Thass a good thing, yo. And so freaking easy to make.

Melt butter.
Stir in marshmallows.
Add cereal.
Transfer to pan.
Let cool.

I made half a pan's worth and then filled the other half with some delicious organic flake-like cereal. It might have had nuts in it, too. Clearly I have no idea what it's called. But those guys came out delicious, as well.

I will have you know, I did NOT make these "just because." I was going to see my relatives and wanted to bring something.. but of course I ate about 7 while I was making them. And a few more when they were done. And now I'm over it. Sweets are bad. But these things are just so good.

*I think "Krispie" is supposed to be pluralized. But who says it that way? No one says it that way.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy me want. I didn't see you at work today I realize and it makes me sadz, i feel.

    xo

    Dy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great and your cat is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to pin this, so yummy..and of course I pinned the pic of your adorable little guy peeking at the marshmallows, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wooden spoon is so unbelievably rad. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it at a sample sale at work, which means it could posssssibly be found at Anthropologie or Terrain :)

      Delete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!