11.09.2012

let's help this little angel inspire other little angels!


 


Just over two and a half years ago, my family unexpectly lost our beautiful angel of a mother to heart disease. Upon learning the cause, my sisters and I went to get checked out to see if were at risk. I (the cheese-loving salt-obsessed one) was quite surprised to find that my bloodwork came back totally normal. My two sisters were unfortunately not as lucky. My younger sister Charlotte's (jerk of a) doctor even went so far as to tell her that she had the highest cholesterol he had ever seen in an 18-year-old.

My sisters immediately made complete changes to their lifestyles. Like, COMPLETE changes. The two of them now eat healthier than anyone I have ever met in my entire life. I'm talking raw vegetables, wheatgrass, quinoa, fresh veg juices, you freaking name it. And they work out like fiends, too.

I'm so happy to say that the two of them have BOTH brought their cholesterol to a normal level by these incredible changes they've made.

Now Charlotte wants to spread the love. She's on a mission to share her story and to inspire others in similar situations -- and she's starting with Fitness Magazine's Face of Fitness competition. If she wins, she will have the incredible opportunity to appear in the magazine and share her story with others. Because she's surrounded by such loving people, she's already well on her way to becoming a finalist for this competition, but I want so badly to make sure she gets there. After reading a bunch of other entrants' stories, it's clear that Charlotte is the biggest inspiration of them all. I want nothing more than to see her achieve this dream of hers.

If you guys feel compelled to do so, please please please vote for Charlotte! We can vote once a day until November 11th, when the finalists will be secured. She's currently in the top spot to becoming a finalist, and I'd love to keep her there! If she becomes a finalist, I am so certain that she will win this. Either way, I'm incredibly proud of my baby sister. I just wish her the chance to inspire others the way she inspires me every day.

If you'd like to help, please vote for her here!

Thank you so much! You all rule!

6 comments :

  1. Charlotte always has my vote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspiration, and a great eye opener for everyone else out there!

    the making of things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voted.... Good luck to all of you Angels!!!!!
    Hugs
    Dox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend has the same problem as your sister. We also changed our lifestyle for four years. I can only encourage your sister for what she does. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys so much!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!