11.29.2012

homemade makeup brush cleaner


Don't let your brushes go half a year without cleaning them (like I do). It's not fair to your brushes and it's not fair to your lovely skin!

Just mix up some of these:
Distilled water
Rubbing alcohol
Castile soap
Shampoo
Conditioner

I don't think the amount is extremely important, just emphasize the water and alcohol, and use less on the rest. Do what feels right.

Swirl your brushes around in the mixture a few times and then rinse them off, trying not to get the metal part of your brush wet. Dry them face down in a glass on top of some paper towels for a few hours. Then lay them flat on a towel for another few hours. Then just use a hairdryer because you're impatient.

I found this recipe somewhere online and read that it was one of the best concoctions some people had ever tried. I honestly was so surprised at how well this cleaned my brushes the first time I tried it. It'll have them looking as fresh as new and softer than ever!

I've read that just using baby shampoo is another good option, so maybe I'll try that next. I'm trying to make brush-cleaning a bi-weekly habit. I don't know if it'll happen, but I realize how disgusting it is to use brushes that contain traces of makeup you put on your face 6 months ago.

Do you guys clean your makeup brushes? What do you use? Lemme hear it!

2 comments:

  1. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy.
    I've learn this submit and if I may just I want to recommend you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I want to learn more things approximately it!

    Also visit my web blog http://homeincomekit.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the
    other person's website link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in support of you.

    Nidora review

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!