11.28.2012

feet for all!

If you've been following along for the past few months, you're probably aware of the "365 Days of Feet" project I started in September. Every day I've been taking a photo of my feet standing on a different surface. Every day I've been using my DSLR to shoot these photos, and I still plan on doing that, but yesterday I thought, "Why not use your phone, too?" It takes two seconds to snap a picture with an iPhone, and I ALWAYS have mine with me. So yesterday, on day 65 of the project, I took a photo of my feet with both my camera AND my iPhone. Now, we all know there's no point of an iPhone photo if it's not going on Instagram. So I put it on Instagram -- and I included a hashtag: #hummusbird365.

And that's when another idea sparked. Wouldn't it be fun some of you guys took part in the project with me? I'm not talking about you taking a photo every day (unless you want to, of course!), just one measly little photo one day! Or one photo every few weeks! I would absolutely love if any of you wanted to join in with me. It'll feel like more of a group project as opposed to this solo ish -- and I'm sure I'll be inspired to get more creative with my shots! If you ever get the urge, just upload a picture of your feet to Instagram and tag it #hummusbird365. I'll be doing so for the next 299 days, and I'd love to see some extra photos in there that aren't of my own feet!

Don't feel obligated to join in, but seriously.. you should do it.

5 comments :

  1. This is such a great idea! I will definitely be participating! I actually work for a shoe store called Strut in Denver and I would love to use this idea for our Instagram too! I will use both #hummusbird365 and #strutdenver365. If you are not okay with this I totally understand, but I think it's brilliant! and the more shoes the merrier :)

    Check out my blog for the store: http://strutaddict.wordpress.com
    Love your work!
    Thanks, Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so flattered -- of course I'm okay with that idea! Thanks so much for supporting!!! <3

      Delete
  2. Omg this is the cutest! I love your photos. I'll definitely add the hashtag to some i've already taken. what a fun way to look at your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly hashtag some fun photos for the project! What a fun idea :)

    xo, Brittan

    brittansalisbury.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun! I'm going to join in :D

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!