11.08.2012

365 days of feet: going strong, i think



It's been a month and a half since I started my 365 Days of Feet project and, I must say, I am quite pleased with myself! That is, aside from all the drawbacks I'm about to mention. It's definitely a challenge to be creative with this every day, and a lot of times I feel like I'm taking a photo just to "get it over with" for the day. And of course my photos are all saved on three different memory cards, three different computers, two external hard drives, and some on all of these places at once... so in that sense, this project is definitely showing me my need for organization. Well, I mean, I've known of this need for about 12 years, but it's helping to prompt me to DO SOMETHING about it. Some days I don't even get a chance to take a photo until its 8pm and dark out, but when I look back at all the photos I've taken so far -- especially when I see them all together in one place -- I get really psyched on this project.

More often than not, our feet are what connect us to this earth. They take us where we want to go, or keep us right where we want to be. I think it's so cool that, come September, I'll be able to look back at all of the different places my feet had been in one year -- even though these photos only show one tiny moment of each day!

I also recently started another personal project. I'm editing a year-in-the-life video that's comprised of random video footage that I've collected over the past year -- footage from my camera, my computer, and even my iPhone. (I'm starting to realize that I love looking back at life, a year at a time. Ha!) Since I'll be including September and October in this video, I thought it would be cool to sample a little piece of the 365 Days of Feet project in the video. It looks awesome so far. I'm nowhere near done with this video, but I'm really excited about how it's turning out. I'm using a pretty emotional, fall-sounding song that I've been loving for the past year, and it seems to be working really well. I'm hoping to have this video done by New Year's... also known as my QUARTER CENTURY birthday. Big thangs, y'all. You KNOW I will be posting the video to this here blog as soon as it's done, so please look forward to it!

One last thing: To all of you who update your blog more than once a week: HOW DO YOU DO IT? I can't find the time. I can't. Maybe I can. But I give you mad props. Any advice is welcome.

Until next time, my dears!

5 comments :

  1. i love this project and the video project sounds amazing too! I usually manage to update my blog 2-3 times a week, I found that having a schedule sort of helps, designate each day of the week for a particular post. You're blog is great! So glad I recently found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the video and keep up the good work with the feet pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our feet are what connect us to the earth" no truer words have been spoken in a blog post!
    I really love what you're doing, and your photos have been so creative - given what the content is.

    the making of things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to start then, and save post as drafts. Scheduling post works too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just admire you.... Go on girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!