8.11.2012

saturday night kitchen



It's Saturday night and I'm cleaning my kitchen. It's crazy how much of a disaster my apartment turns into within such a short time. Since I don't have much space in my apartment, my kitchen also serves as a living room, dining room, foyer, and whatever else. That means that on any given day, not only do I have a million dishes spilling over the sink, I also have clothes, shoes, technology, and whatever else I've collected, all spread out over my kitchen floor. Not a good look. So tonight I decided I should do a little cleaning.

When I'm cleaning, I sometimes like to work in sections. My kitchen counter is done right now, and I'm finding a lot of comfort in the feeling I'm getting from it, so that's why I wanted to share some photos! The candle is what's really topping it off. It is so amazing what one beautifully smelling candle can do for the ambiance of a room!

I spend a lot of time finding the decorations I love and then setting them up in ways that speak to me, so it's kind of a shame that I let my space get so out of control in disarray all the time. I'd like to make a statement right now to say that I'm going to keep this place clean from now on. I mean.. I'd like to, but I won't. I've never been able to stick to something like that. But what I WILL say is that I'm going to make one night -- a weeknight -- a cleaning night. Let's make it... Tuesday. Yes. Every Tuesday I'm going to clean my apartment. Let's see if this works. I'll update you guys on Tuesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!