What are my holiday necessities? I thought you'd never ask!
1. A luxe faux fur jacket. I like to imagine myself during the holiday season hopping gracefully from one party to the next every night in a jacket like this. The reality is I went to one holiday party so far this year. And it was a work party. I have a couple family gatherings to go to, and then a New Year's Eve party... at my own apartment... which means I won't be wearing a jacket at all. BUT STILL. This jacket will get its use. And if a spur-of-the-moment holiday event happens to pop up, I know I'll be ready. ;)
2. A perfect pair of black tights. Any mini-dress-wearer knows it's true: Black tights are important. Especially a good pair. The kind that feel substantial, and maintain their stretch, and don't have you worrying about whether or not they're going to rip at any moment. My peeps at Hanes offered to send me a pair of these, and I didn't even have to think twice. Yes, yes, yes. I'm a skirts and dresses kind of human, and these babies are my new best friend.
3. Skin luminizer. I made this skin luminizer based off of the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, and am so pleased with how it came out. It's a beautiful way to add a little glow to your face during the holiday season. My favorite place to put it is right in the inner corner of my eyes. Instant magic!
4. Intoxicating perfume oil. I kid you not, this is the most enchanting scent I've ever owned. Almost every single person that smells it asks to put some on -- some do so without even asking. I'm talking girls and guys. It's the best.
5. Paleo chocolate chip cookies. I recently discovered this recipe for paleo chocolate chip cookies, and I can't get enough. Every person who's tried them (none of whom are even paleo, might I add), has fallen for them. I think I'll bake a batch to bring to my family Christmas party -- that way I'll know there will be a dessert I can eat. ;)
6. Square-toe ankle boots. Okay. From the day I first laid eyes on these babies, I was in love. I thought about them every single day for about 3 straight months before I finally went and did it. Then, two days later, I sprained my ankle. I sadly will not be wearing these for any holiday gatherings this year, but I wanted to include them because, had the circumstances been different, I'd be wearing these every darn day.
A huge thanks to Hanes for sponsoring this here post. And, y'all know I have to stay true to me, so know that everything I've said here was from the bottom of my heart. <3
Tell me how... you can be thrown into an incredibly exciting yet unknown experience with a human you know nothing about... you can spend almost every moment together for an entire summer, exploring the earth, meeting people, capturing experiences... eating, seeing, and doing the unknown... and then, suddenly, almost without true warning, you realize it's come to an end.
Tell me how... you can go an entire 4 years without being face to face with this person. This person with whom you shared a string of life experiences which can not be compared to anything either of you had ever before experienced... and in those four years, the bond only strengthens.
Tell me how... you can fly across the country to stand in front of this human for the first time in many, many moons... realizing that in the time spent apart, you've both moved in and out of new cities, entered and departed new relationships, started and ended new jobs... experienced heavy shifts of consciousness... brand new ways of thinking and living...
And yet... when your two souls are physically reunited... there's an undeniable feeling of familiarity that can not be explained; that does not need to be explained. What happened in the interim plays no role here... other than offering a fresher perspective which allows for a deeper mutual understanding.
Maybe I'm talking crazy talk. Maybe it all sounds nonsensical. Maybe to fully and truly express this friendship, one must simply be in its presence.
This, my friends... this is a friendship of a lifetime.
1. My MacBook has a virus. My MacBook has had a virus for 3 months. My MacBook got a virus when I tried to stream Broad City and ended up unconsciously downloading a bunch of shit that gave my MacBook a virus. Have I taken it to the Apple store yet? Nah. Why would I ever do a thing like that.
2. Chipotle is the only fast food place I'll allow myself to go to. And I allow myself to go there verrrry often. Also, THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT CHIPOTLE ARE ALWAYS SO GOOD AT THEIR JOBS. SO EFFICIENT. RIGHT?
3. One of my best friends just broke her pelvis (LOVE YOU). And she's still ridiculously positive enough to make a joke of it and coin the hashtag #pelvispresley.
4. Hummusworm update: Both parasites are GONE. But… now I just found out I have Lyme Disease too. LOL. So it goes…. ;)
5. In a week and a half, I get to go see the human who I traveled for an entire summer with in 2011. We'd never met each other before that, and we haven't seen each other since. I CAN NOT WAIT.
6. I have a v fun time making ridiculous Snapchat stories. If you think you might have a v fun time watching, come join. (@hummusbird)
7. I don't really plan to stay in New York for that much longer, but I have not a clue where I want to go. Well, I have a few clues, but nothing strong enough to make a decision.
8. I think that, more than anyone else, you have to make yourself laugh most. As long as you got that, you good. You good.
9. I love conspiracy theories. As long as I'm given an argument that's at least *somewhat* convincing, I'll believe anything.
10. One day I will host a TV show. I think I can make it happen. I think I can make it happen soon.