Then, I had a work-ish meeting with a beautiful soul who told me that today also marks a new moon, and that it's the perfect time to write down a list of what we want to accomplish in this moon cycle. So coincidental, as I had already written this little note to myself hours before I spoke with her.
I wanted to share with you guys as inspiration to write your own. Think about how you want to live. How you can better yourself. Ways that you can raise the vibes you put out into the universe. Think up what you truly feel the need to do, big or small. Write it down. No pressure, no judgment. Just write. Feel the words as your pen presses to paper. Breathe them out, and breathe them right back in. Let them fill you up and offer you support.
We were born both from and into this universe. It has an affect on us, and we have one right back on it. Let's just fill everything with big, pure love. Fuck everything else; we don't need any of it.
FP Jana… even if they are few and far between. <3
PS. I'm runnin' the 'gram now -- follow us!!!
PS. I'm runnin' the 'gram now -- follow us!!!
Happiest Valentine's Day to you all. I love you.
I never ever ever ever would have thought I would be HAPPY to have tapeworms. But, when you spend over 3 years suffering with no clear answers... doing whatever the freak you can in your power to get better with no damn results... when you hear you have tapeworms, you are SO HAPP YOU WANT TO CRY. That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I stumbled upon the best best best holistic doctor. I know for sure she was sent to me by my guardian angel up above (my momma). Y'all, if you are in the New York area and are suffering from any ailment whatsoever, go make an appointment this woman. Right this moment. I promise your life will be changed. And if you do happen to see her, let her know I referred you -- I think it will save both of us some dollas!! <3
It's all on the up up from here. This time I feel it for real.
First, let me give a shoutout to this gorgeous bag from Street Level Bags. I got it a few months ago, and it has not left my side. I love love love the color and the gorgeous suede fringe detail. It's also the perfect size to carry all my ish, and it has a zipper AND snap closure, which for some reason I am really, really fond of.
Now for the things I carry in it...
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Tiny little pouch // This is for all my natural supplements. I'm not as heavy on the supplements as I was a few months ago, but when I'm heading to Brooklyn for a day or two, I like to bring some zinc with me to gimme dat energy.
2. Fat & The Moon Dreamweaver Mist // This was a gift from my girl Anne, and I'm in love. With lavender, poppy, sage, and clary sage, this is a scent from heaven. I spray it in my car, in my sleeping nook, on myself, and on other people. Ha. It's incredibly calming and relaxing, yet refreshing.
3. Thieves oil blend // This was given to me by my girl Madi of Montauk Juice Factory. She loves experimenting with oils just like I do, and made this incredible blend to be used on pressure points, in a diffuser, in the bathtub, and a million other ways. It wards off cold and flu, fights bacteria, and boosts the mood. It also subtly reminds me of a scent from my childhood, so it's full of good feelings for me.
4. Prabhuji's Gifts Atma Attar Perfume Oil // This is my number one perfume oil at the moment. It's an intoxicating mixture of mint, lemongrass, and frankincense. I got it at Whole Foods, and just can not get enough. I roll this on my wrists, forearms, neck, and behind my ears... multiple times daily.
5. Om Aroma & Co. Carrot Rose Serum // This is hands down the best face serum I have ever used. It smells incredible and leaves my skin soooo soft and moisturized. It's made with oils of carrot seed, meadowfoam seed, sunflower seed, along with some incredible extracts. $72 per bottle would usually be a little steep for me, but I'm addicted. And it's worth it.
6. Urban Moonshine Organic Bitters // I'm always looking for things to help with digestion, and when I saw this adorable bottle with the words "urban" "moonshine" and "organic," I kind of just felt like it was screaming my name. I haven't used it consistently enough to know how well it actually works for me, but I enjoy the taste and I'm into the idea of it, so I shall continue! This was from Whole Foods as well.
7. Hummusbird Lemongrass & Clary Sage Deodorant // Awww yeee, I am shouting out my own deodorant. That's because I really do carry it with me, and it works. I promise you it works. It's made with nothing more than coconut oil, baking soda, arrowroot flour, and essential oils. Natural & organic. It smells incredible, and so will you.
8. Moon Valley Organics Moon Melt Lotion Bar // Oh look, another item that contains the words "moon" and "organic." So0o me. This stuff rules. It has a bit of a wax-like consistency, which I totally love, and a light scent. It's very moisturizing -- I use it on my hands and lips. Totally recommend.
9. Making Space: Creating a Home Meditation Practice // This lovely little book was a gift from my dad. It's written by Thich Nhat Hanh, who is considered one of the most influential teachers of Buddhism. His words are simple and calming, and ring with such truth. In this book, he explains different ways to turn your home into a calm, positive, meditative space. I'll actually be discussing each chapter on the Free People blog over the next month or two. If you're interested, you can read my first two posts here and here! I love that the book is tiny enough to slide right into my purse so I can read it when I'm traveling. The feather is what I use as a bookmark, hehe.
10. Mophie Powerstation Mini // This wonderful thing was a gift from my sister. Probably one of the most useful gifts I've ever received. For someone who's constantly using their phone, a portable charger like this is heaven sent! I love that it's tiny and gold, too.
11. Tie-dyed wallet // IDK. Got this at a sample sale back when I worked at the Free People home office. It's not the most ideal wallet -- probably more of a change purse -- but it just looks so cool, doesn't it?
12. Vintage floral makeup case // This is from a set that I found at a thrift store several months ago. It's totally grandma-ish, and I totally love it.
What's in your bags, babes?